Saturday, March 31, 2012

New NOTD-Effie Trinket from Hunger Games

Well that didn't last long! I finally made up my mind and decided I did not like the last mani I did and I changed them. I decided to do a Hunger Games inspired mani, inspired by Effie's nails at the reaping.
 Read after the jump to see my version!










I used Sinful Colors Boom Boom, OPI Spark de Triomphe for the gold and, as always, topped it with a coat of SV. Most of the bloggers that I have seen doing this have been sponging on the gold polish to get the gradient look, but I tried a different way. I started by wiping most of the polish off the brush and doing a thin layer of polish starting from about the middle of my nail, and then adding more polish to the tip of the nail. I think it turned out pretty good!

No comments:

Post a Comment