Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Products I use

 So I went to Sally's today and they STILL don't have the HG polish! Their truck didn't come today :( so I am going to try again tomorrow afternoon. BUT- I did get some goodies while I was there today! I had to replace my white crackle polish from OPI because I can't get it open anymore. That's a common issue with crackles, the polish thickens up over time. So I also bought some polish thinner so I can keep on top of that happening to all my crackles. I got another pretty color too! China Glaze For Audrey, which I have seen swatched on other blogs and it's pretty close to being Tiffany Blue. It's so pretty and I can't wait to swatch it for the 5 people that read this! LOL

I did the dumbest thing while I was there too. I am SOOOO embarrassed. I picked up the bottle of For Audrey and I dropped it. It broke and spilled polish ALL OVER the floor in the store. My face was beet red and I apologized over and over but the manager was really nice about it. She said it happens all the time, but I can't help feeling like I am the first person to do it in that store, considering it's only been open for 3 days!
So I decided to do this post about the products I use when I paint my nails, since I couldn't do the post I wanted about the Hunger Games polish :(

After I remove my old polish I usually wash my hands because sometimes little pieces of the cotton balls I use get stuck all over my hands. Some people recommend that you swipe some alcohol or polish remover over your bare nails before applying polish, as the natural oils on your hands and nails make it harder for the polish to stick, but I don't really do that. I don't usually have a problem with the polish chipping, but that may be because I change my polish at least once a week. It's never on my nails long enough to chip!



 When I do my nails I always start with a hardener as a base coat. My nails are very thin and brittle! The hardener I have been using lately is Sally Hansen Hard as Nails Hard as Wraps Powerful Acrylic Gel. It looks like this:
I LOVE this stuff and I have been using it for years. I buy mine at Wal-mart or Walgreens, but I assume you can find it at any drugstore.

Once that dries I put my color on. I use lots of different brands. Essie, OPI, Nicole by OPI, China Glaze, Sinful Colors, Sally Hansen, Pure Ice and Revlon are some of the ones I own now. I have found most of them at Wal-mart (walmart and walgreens were the only places in my small town that sold nail polish until the Sally's Beauty Supply opened this week!) except the OPI, China Glaze and Sinful Colors. Sinful Colors is sold at Walgreens and OPI and China Glaze are sold are specialty stores. China Glaze you can buy at Sally's. Of course you can get them all online too! Sally's also sells Fingerpaints , Orly, and Ultra Pro polish, but I haven't tried them yet.

After I finish painting, I put on my Seche Vite Fast Dry Top Coat. I LOVE this topcoat! It dries super fast and leaves your nails really shiny and smooth. It looks like this:
I buy mine at Sally's for $7.99 a bottle, but I know you can find it online for cheaper. I cannot stress enough how AWESOME this stuff is!

Sometimes I use another nail hardener before I apply my Seche Vite topcoat.. It's the regular Sally Hansen Hard as Nails and the bottle looks like this:
For polish remover I use different brands, but it's usually always acetone strengthening remover. I'm currently using a bottle of the Walgreens brand, called Studio Beauty, but I usually buy either the Wal-mart brand or Sally Hansen.

So that's pretty much it for the products I use! If anyone has any questions about them just ask me in the comments!

2 comments:

  1. There is Hunger Games polish!?!? and also that is pure genius to use hard as nails as an undercoat, I'm going to be picking some up when I get some new colors this weekend! Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooo where are you going and what colors are you going to get? I am working on a couple of new posts, one is a post about the new color I just got and the other is a post about the manicure I just did

    ReplyDelete